February 3, 2014

Miso Ramen



It's hard to ignore the allure of Seamless, but it's harder to ignore an empty bank account.

I've been craving sushi but I can't afford to waste the food I already have in my fridge, so I decided to try out some ramen recipes. I figured any sort of high-sodium meal would do the trick. The only thing I ended up needing to buy was some miso paste, which was about five bucks. I actually made this last week and made it again tonight! It really fast, filling, and warm (which is good because WHAT IS THIS SNOW? I'm starting to understand the umbrella for snow thing.) 

What I love about this recipe is flexibility. You can add meat or keep it vegetarian and you can mix up the veggies depending on what you like. I made this for myself, but the recipe could easily be doubled/tripled.

Ingredients:

1 pack of Top Ramen (doesn't matter what flavor)

1-2 T soy sauce

1t hot sauce

1T miso paste

1c water

1c veg, chicken, or beef stock (I used veggie)

1 hard boiled egg

Cooked chicken, pork, beef (I added some chicken I had from last night)

Seaweed (I love the wasabi seaweed from Trader Joe's!)

Assortment of mushrooms, corn, bean sprouts, scallions

Here's what I did:

1. Add water and stock to a pot and turn stove to medium heat. Add miso paste.

2. Stir until mixed and add the hot sauce and soy sauce.

3. Add mushrooms and scallions, simmer for a bit.

4. Bring to boil and add noodles. Cook until noodles are done (about 3 minutes).

5. Transfer the contents of the pot into a bowl and top with the corn, bean spouts, egg, more scallions, meat, and seaweed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

happy to hear from ya!