February 7, 2014

Cucumber Infused Gin DIY

I'm much too low on cash to spend money on delicious Hendrick's, so I've been improvising with this method. Extremely easy to do and a lot cheaper








Here is a longer explanation:

1. Peel the cucumber and cut it into large cubes. I've read some methods where they keep the skin on, so I suppose this is a personal preference. 

2. Place cucumber into your jar (Mason jars are a classic canning jar) and add as much gin as you can fit in the jar.

3. Seal with lid and leave in the refrigerator for a few days. I started with 2 and that usually works for me. If you wait too long, sometimes it begins to taste bitter.

4. When it tastes good to you, strain to remove the old cucumber.

5. Mix some drinks. I usually have mine on the rocks or with tonic water
(and a cucumber spear of course!)


This is also an awesome gift idea for birthdays, etc! I plan on making this for my mother's birthday since she's been looking to try some new types of gin. Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

happy to hear from ya!