October 16, 2013

Halloween: A Month Of Planning For A Few Hours Of Fun

And it's totally worth it.

Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday. It's not one of those things where I say it's my favorite but then when Christmas rolls around, Christmas is my favorite. No. I spend the majority of my year waiting for October so I can start verbalizing what I've been thinking about since before last Halloween- my costume!

I get so excited about Halloween and what I'm going to dress up as, that it actually gives me quite a bit of anxiety. This year I've decided that I will (probably) be an alien. I like to think about things that I would never be able to wear on a "normal" day and build a Halloween costume around being able to wear those things for the night. This year: crazy contacts.

With my hair all blonde (!! post coming soon), I think an alien costume will look especially futuristic, which is what I'm going for. Although hopefully it won't end up too Zenon... could be a close call. With the right makeup and the cool contacts I ordered, it should work out.

Pretty sure I had those boots back in elementary school.


If you're looking for some more inspiration, here is a post that I published on Buzzfeed. Why can't Halloween be a week long? One day just isn't enough.

Can't wait to see costumes and say "Damn. Why didn't I think of that?"



Update: Here is my alien costume, I was in love with how it turned out. I ordered contacts online and found this structured leather and sparkle dress at Buffalo Exchange. I got the galaxy leggings at a random store in Brooklyn and got glow sticks from CVS along with the gems, which are actually fingernail decals.




3 comments:

  1. Cool idea!I'm seriously already trying to plan a week of halloween inspired outfits. I plan to dress up as a Kanker sister from Ed Edd and Eddy.

    styleriottt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is such a good idea! I think I could get away with dressing up since I live in the city now (or at least feel more comfortable doing that).

      Delete
  2. i hope you did it! I love zenon. I also hope you update soon</3

    xxBianca
    www.xoxololita.com

    ReplyDelete

happy to hear from ya!