July 31, 2013

Turks and Caicos


I've been away on vacation for the past week in the "beautiful by nature" Turks and Caicos Islands. I've never seen water so blue and clear, I've had an absolutely amazing time here with my family. My brother loves it too because the drinking age here is 18. I bought a necklace today made from larimar, which is a blue stone found only in the Dominican Republic. It's not something I would normally wear, but it was too beautiful to pass up. I will post pictures when I have my laptop with me again and can upload photos. The sun seems to be coming out again. There was a big storm this morning, so we decided to do some shopping and go to a small French bakery. I got a yummy apple tart and espresso. Yesterday we went on a boat tour to Iguana Island and snorkeled above a reef. My brother and I were able to dive beneath the surface but my ears started to hurt because I didn't realize how far and how quickly down I was swimming with my flippers on! I thought I would be completely terrified but my Pisces nature must have soothed my initial fears. That or the rum punch. 



3 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful! And sounds like you're having a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alocohol and water is a dangerous combination, I know all about it.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

happy to hear from ya!