July 5, 2013

Liebster Award

I normally don't take part in these things because they seem fun and then they take FOREVER. But I figured what the hell. It took forever.

THE RULES
·                You must share 11 things about yourself.
·                Answer the 11 questions that your tagger has given you.
·                Choose 11 other blogs for the nomination.
·                Leave 11 questions for your nominees.

·                Lastly, thank the person that nominated you and link back to their blog.

11 Things About Me



1. My favorite pair of shoes is a pair I meant to return.
2. I just graduated from college. (holy shit.)
3. I used to have a nose ring and sometimes I miss it
4. I tried to be a vegetarian to lose weight but just ended up eating a ton of cheese to fill the burger void
5. I like to write poetry but hate what I write three days later
6. I don’t really care for whiskey, but I wish I did
7. My passport photo is the most embarrassing picture of me ever
8. I love when characters in movies wear wigs
9. I’m terrible at baking, but I’m not giving up. Because I really like cookies.
10. I’m currently reading The Awakening (again), Siddhartha, and Jane Eyre
11. I wish I had $$ to fund my wanderlust.

11 Questions from Sophie:
1. What is your favorite band?
I’m going to give a shout out to some local love on this one and say Wheels. It’s a little-known band from Yellowsprings, OH. They’re all young and have some amazing songs. I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of Fleet Foxes or Wolf Parade either.

2. If you had a time machine, where is the first place that you would go?
It’s hard not to toy with regrets with questions like this. But I won’t. I think I'd pop on into the future a few years and see what my life is like. Hopefully I'd get some peace of mind from seeing that everything will be ok.

3. Do you have any posters on your bedroom walls? What are they of?
Back home I have your standard Holly Golightly and Marilyn Monroe posters. When I was at school I had a printed cat on my wall because we couldn’t have real pets. His name changed daily. I also had some posters I purchased in Paris and a Die Antword photo I’d ripped out of an old Nylon.

4. Who are your heroes?
 Meatball heroes. Yeah.

5. Who's your favourite writer/author?
It changes almost daily. But I do love Bukowski and Didion.

6. What's your favourite magazine?
I majored in magazine journalism, so choosing just one is a little hard to say. I suppose Vogue. Keep it classic.

7. Do you like Rookiemag? Do you read it regularly? Do you have a favourite Rookie post?
I do love Rookie, I think it’s a wonderful, real outlet for girls. They talk about real shit that’s not just relationships and makeup, but they don’t leave that out because we like that shit, too. I first found out about Tavi when she modeled for her sister’s blog (Fashbot or something). I was super into the Teen Vogue fashion forum. Tavi must have been like 12 and I was 16 but I remember thinking how damn cool she was, so I followed Style Rookie. That was that.

8. Which film makes you laugh the most?
This is tough because I find myself laughing at things that aren’t supposed to be funny. I guess Step Brothers or Airplane? I feel like I'm forgetting a different movie.

9. What's the best concert you have ever been to?
I went to a Matt and Kim concert in Columbus one time. I ended up meeting my now-best friend Helen who I lived with for two years. She’s so wonderful and made my college experience fantastic. I couldn’t have asked for a better partner in crime. The concert was fun, but everything that happened that weekend is what made it so great. Close seconds: Girl Talk when my friends dressed up in a shark costume and beard or N*SYNC (twice!).

10. If you could be in any TV series what series would it be and why?
I would love to be in Mad Men because of the clothes. But I’d have to be some badass superwoman, go-getter like Peggy.

11. (Copied from Mabel)Put the first picture you come across here when you refresh your tumblr or blog timeline.


My sister and I at a wedding.



11 Questions for YOU!
1. Tea or coffee?
2. What is the last news article/book/essay you read?
3. What is the last song you listened to?
4. If you could speak another language fluently what would it be?
5. Necklaces or rings?
6. Tumblr or Twitter or Facebook?
7. What’s the best outfit you’ve ever worn?
8. What is your horoscope sign?
9. How did you meet your best friend?
10. What’s your favorite summer food/treat/drink?
11. If you could claim authorship for any poem, what would it be and why?

I tag these 11 blogs:

Thanks, Sophie!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me! I love your blog:)

    theres-a-donkey-on-the-roof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome, enjoy! thank you!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much <333

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha that gif! Too great.

    Greta xoxo
    laviedegreta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol i thought so too, i think i picture it in my head every time i feel narcissistic

      Delete
  4. *Crawls out of the shadows* Thank you for tagging me! I didn't think anyone even read my blog!

    Anyway, I finished the post:
    http://theoriesabound.wordpress.com/2013/07/07/liebster-liebster/

    Byeee *Vanishes into the mist*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *steps into sunlight for the first time in weeks* very welcome! thought it would be fun! *goes back to computer*

      Delete

happy to hear from ya!