July 18, 2013

Brunette to Blonde Pt. 3: Throwback Thursday

When I was in 6th grade my best friend Sarah and I went to Lake Erie for a fun day at the beach. We bought some sun-in at the store and spritz it on our hair and waited for the sun to work its magic as we listened to mix CDs that probably had a combination of Linkin' Park, JLo, and John Mayer on our Walkman's and gossiped on a beach blanket. Sarah has naturally light, beautiful dirty blonde hair with amazing highlights, so when she used the sun-in, her hair lightened and looked wonderful. Mine, however, "wasn't working AT ALL" on my dark brown hair, so I basically spritz the shit out of my head and ended up with hair the color of a trumpet. For some reason though, it wasn't a big deal to me and I just went about my every day with hair that looked like a brass instrument and I eventually had three and then seven inch roots until my hair just grew out naturally, so yeah I'd say my mom hated me. Kidding, there wasn't really anything we could do about it. I guess 6th grade was a different time where my hair ignorance really was bliss.

I haven't bleached my hair yet. I know, I promise I'll do it but I'm waiting to abhor my locks before making another change. In the meantime, here is me on my first day of 6th grade when I had my brassy, sun-in locks (and my sister on her first day of kindergarden).



Morals of this story: sun-in doesn't work well with brown hair and mix CDs are the greatest.


4 comments:

  1. Cute story :) I actually remember trying sun-in when I was around that age too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's basically inevitable!

      Delete

happy to hear from ya!