March 8, 2013

Recycled post: DIY God Save McQueen tank


Repost from June 2011:

I've been eyeballing the "God Save McQueen" tees, etc. that have been popping up frequently. I'm not one to spend money if there is the slightest chance that I can make it myself, so off I dove into my haggard closet to locate a small jar of black fabric paint and hopefully come across an over-sized tank top in the treacherous process (I'm getting sick of Hanes t-shirts). Luckily, I ended up finding the paint, not in my closet, but in the garage with my school stuff I've yet to unpack. A tank top was found elsewhere among the rubble.
Upon starting this venture, I knew I wanted to incorporate the McQueen logo as well as the McQueen skull (most popular, I suppose, on this scarf), so I was pretty iffy about getting them onto the fabric via lack of screen printing devices...although now that I think of it, I probably could have just DIY'd that too...hmm too little, too late. Despite this, I feel like I managed to come up with a delightfully satisfying finished product. I ended up just painting a giant skull on the back of the tank and painting "God Save McQueen" on the front. Below is how to make your own!






Print this out to trace!





No comments:

Post a Comment

happy to hear from ya!