October 26, 2011

shake yer tail feather


I decided to give feathers on my nail a try after being totally smitten by Chloe's blog. (PS you should wish her luck as she goes through a difficult time in her life). Her blog is just utterly fantastic and it really makes me wish I didn't get nervous to the point of peeling all my nails off...including this feather by the next morning. But that's mostly because I'm not one for nail decor. But that's usually because I peel it off. Full circle. Yay nervous habits!
For this little project you will need:
1. Clear nail polish
2. A feather
3. Scissors or nail clippers
Optional:
• Tallest Man on Earth daintily playing on Spotify

Now do this:
1. Pick a part of the feather and cut it to match the size of your nail.
2. Apply a layer of clear polish
3. Apply feather to wet coat of clear
4. Smooth with a top layer of clear polish
5. Trim any naughty, stray feather parts for being bad

All done!

Click here to see how Chloe did it.
Yeah hers look way better. It's cool.






8 comments:

  1. interesting concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks pretty awesome! will give it a try soon :)

    www.lulucherieblog.blogspot.com

    SHOP

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is seriously one of the coolest things I've ever seen! I do the peeling nail polish off thing as well :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's amazing nail art, all I can do is paint my nails.

    And even then I always seem to paint my skin on a regular basis. ;)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  5. wauw thats amazing

    pls look also at my blog and become a friend if u like :)

    XO, Carmen
    www.mydailyfashiondosis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. COOL! That is sooo hipster of you ;) But really, I can't wait to try this or something similar to this on myself <3 Anisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so cool!
    X, Lucy

    ReplyDelete

happy to hear from ya!