January 29, 2009

Chain gang

INSPIRATION:


After seeing Erin Wassons Low Lov chains so many times, I decided to create some myself using some old necklace and bracelet chains. It was a little difficult for me at first because I think I'm stupid and unable to comprehend where the chains needed to go in order for it to work, but I got it down in the end.

All you have to do is make a circle with a few chains (size will vary depending on the size of your upper half)
Vertically connect the top and bottom of the circle to a middle chain in the front.
In the back, use another smaller chain to connect the two sides of the circle horizontally. It kind of looks like a butterfly when you lay it down flat not that that is even relevant...

That's it! It sounds pretty simple, but unless you have little scrap chains lying around, it can be a pain to rearrange them into a properly sized circle and whatnot. I suggest having tweezers on hand for readjusting.

6 comments:

  1. looks awesome
    i dont think i could make something like that looks great

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to experiment with DIY. like desperately.


    looooooooooooooove it. to death.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing DIY! I'm not sure if I have the patience.. I wish i did! I've been meaning to create my own Alexander Wang (sweater) for quite awhile now..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea

    www.balmainbazaar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried making a couple myself too!

    xoxo
    littlemissdressup.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i looove the chain vest thing. i've been wanting to attempt a DIY. yours looks great. love your blog.

    xoxo
    kaitlyn
    http://drrtylaundry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

happy to hear from ya!